Monday, October 29, 2007

Wisconsin Wedding Weekend ... WOO-HOO!!!!!

While Isaac was climbing in Utah, I went to Sheboygan, Wisconsin for the wedding of my cousin, Heidi. This was the weekend of October 12th (I'm catching up on the blog posts ever so slowly).

Congratulations to Heidi & Patrick!!!

Things I love about Wisconsin weddings:
(ok, much of this applies to any excuse to visit Wisconsin)
  1. Getting to see family who I haven't seen in a looooong time. Especially my crazy cousins Heidi & Kevin. So many good memories ... (does it get any better than Christmas in Sheboygan with the Zwitters?)
  2. Making a pilgrimage to Kopp's. My goodness, how does one decide between burger and grilled cheese, speciality sundae or scoops, flavor of the day or chocolate custard?
  3. Remembering Grandma & Grandpa Zwitter and the house where my dad grew up and my grandparents lived for as long as I knew them.
  4. Open bars with bartenders who make stiff drinks. Really, really, stiff drinks.
  5. Driving on roads that are well maintained. The ones in New England suck. They blame it on frost heaving, but, what ... you don't think they have frost heaves in Wisconsin ???
  6. Seeing a shout out to the Green Bay Packers in the wedding ceremony program. Love it!
  7. Seeing pictures of the bride in groom as children ... wearing Green Bay Packers helmets.
  8. Mars Cheese Castle in Kenosha, WI, proudly serving all of your deluxe cheese & sausage needs since 1947
  9. Bratwurst. Can't find any good brats out east, that's for sure!

Here's me & my brother, Zack, enjoying the fruits of the open bar


Breakfast with Mom, Dad, Zack, and Sarah

No comments: