Saturday, October 6, 2007

Doesn't it feel good ...

... to lighten the load? I held my first garage sale as an adult, and I unloaded so much stuff that I no longer need. Who am I kidding ... much of it I never needed in the first place.

Junk that I'm glad is gone:
That rug that Webb left in my basement
That stupid red exercise ball
My old tandem bike (glad someone will be enjoying it)
A sliding screen door
A cat play tower (they used to use it, anyway ...)
A large white dry erase board
A dress form that is too small for me
A hammock
Many pieces of "art"
A bunch of stationary & cards
Lots of books
Lots of speciality kitchen crap
Some old clothes
A silly radio that played sounds of "nature"
A slide viewer
A full visible spectrum "S.A.D." light
Some board games I don't play anymore
A map of Vermont
A pressure canner/cooker
A Sears Tower keychain (yes, someone actually bought it for 25 cents!)
An 8-pack box of Annie's Mac & Cheese
Lots of other junk, too miscelaneous or embarassing to mention

And then, there's left-overs (expecially since it started raining around 1:00PM). But, there's always Craig's List ... anybody need a nice food dehydrator? How about some stunning oil lamps for that holiday table scape? Scared of what the holidays will do to your waistline ... now's the time to get going on that in-home exercise routine.

For stuff that is still left over but may be useful to someone else, there's always the ReUse Zone. It's a shed at our local recycling center & waste location. Pay a disposal fee, but the items go into a shed where others can go and take whatever they want out of it for free.

Next phase ... don't get acquire "stuff" in the first place!

No comments: