Thursday, February 21, 2008

Who da (wo)man?

So, I've been driving around in a car that has the front passenger side blinker out for months now. I've felt guilty every time I go to make a right turn, and someone else is waiting to pull out on the busy street but they don't because they didn't know I'm turning. But apparently, not guilty enough to do something about it, until today. Traffic is so much worse here in Fort Collins.

Since Isaac is still back in Vermont, I can't just bat my eyelashes at him and let him take over. I had to do it myself. It's just a damn light bulb, how hard can it be? Volksbloggin makes it look so easy. Just push down on the clip on the top of the cover, and pull the cover right off. Then change the bulb. No matter how much I pushed on that damned clip, I couldn't get the cover off. Feeling frustrated, I called Isaac. Not that he could do anything about it ... I just wanted to pout and whine. After my pout & whine pity party, I did some paperwork, had a snack, wasted time on the computer ... in general, I did a bunch of stuff to procrastinate returning to my exercise in frustration.

Just when I was getting too tired to function, I went out to the garage armed with a headlamp and a flat head screwdriver. What's the screwdriver for, you might ask? Why, it is to pry, pummel, and scrape enough plastic off the stupid clip so there's not much left to hold the lid in place. The lid came off, I changed the bulb, and it actually worked.

My car is now almost legal. I have my new Colorado plates sitting in the front seat of the car, just waiting for me to get the old Vermont plates off. I gave it a good try, but the screws are rusted in place, and I couldn't budge even one. I guess I'll just have to wait for my big strong man to visit me ... but then again, I think I can get this one with a power tool.

No comments: